Sunday, July 1, 2012

"that way, gogo!"

posted a video for my RSD girls. i'll sing it for you soon, i promise.                                                               
   that "dislocated finger" that was bothering me turned out to be two broken fingers and a broken wrist. thanks, neuropathy, i didn't know! now my left wrist is in a brace and my right hand is swathed to the fingertips in a cast. fortunately we have an air conditioner in the bedroom, so i'm not melting. i am now safely getting around upstairs by scooting backwards in my rollator (rolling walker).
   this time last year, i was just beginning to walk with it again, after arduous ankle reconstruction and a series of injections in my sacroiliac joints. photo is from last year on 3 july, when i pushed my granddaughter Cadence on it all day. "that way, gogo!" whatever it takes, baby! we had so much fun. i couldn't move for days, of course. who cares?? if indeed that was my last day walking, then i went out with a bang.
   i've been in the powerchair for 5 years, but i'm lucky that i ever walked at all. thus i am "gogo", Cadence being 3 1/2 and only knowing me in the chair. she climbed right up in my lap and said "go! go!".
    i love being "gogo" to this little muffin!
this is how we roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment